Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Good Life . . . by simplifying

I guarantee this won’t be the last post about simplicity I’ll I’ve ever write. I love the idea of simplifying things because I’m someone who overcomplicates just about everything. When I put my mind to something and really try to simplify, my life tends to get a little bit easier.



I’ve always loved the saying “There is beauty in simplicity.” I really do think that less is more and the simpler the better. There are some fun occasions when this doesn’t apply, but for a majority of time I stick to what I don’t need I don’t have. I once heard someone say “Don’t carry what you don’t need in your pocket, in your home or in your heart.” Think of how meaningful that saying is especially going from tangibles to intangibles. There’s so much noise in all of our heads that affect how we live our lives. If we control the clutter on the outside, don’t you think it would be easier to unclutter our thoughts on the inside? I certainly do.

Simplicity overall helps with a more balanced life and healthy lifestyle. I follow a really inspirational blog called Becoming Minimalist. I really love it because the writer Joshua Becker writes about such relatable issues we all have. He brings really insightful solutions and I currently ran across a post about simplifying your life. The post is called "The 10 Most Important Things to Simplify in Your Life."


Here is the list:
1. Your Possessions
2. Your Time Commitments
3. Your Goals
4. Your Negative Thoughts
5. Your Debt
6. Your Words
7. Your Artificial Ingredients
8. Your Screen Time
9. Your Connections to the World
10. Your Multi-Tasking

Find the full post here: http://www.becomingminimalist.com/the-10-most-important-things-to-simplify-in-your-life/

Overall I think everyone could use a little more simplification to really be able to experience The Good Life. I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment