Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Good Life . . . with apps!

I like to think I can do it all sometimes. Then I figured out I’m really bad at doing it all and staying sane. You know when people say, “Just ask if you need anything”? Ya, well I’m sometimes too stubborn to ask and instead I’ll do it all and make myself a crabby mess. I need to learn to turn to people for help, OR I can turn to some of the most helpful apps invented for any task or problem I may have.

There’s an app for just about anything. You name it it’s probably there. It can be overwhelming with so many options and I personally didn’t know I needed an app for goals until I came across these recommendations about the best apps out there.  I’m all about that. There’s everything from the best productivity apps, the best health apps, the best entertainment apps to the best social apps. 

Check some of them out: (click on the infographic for the website)

http://www.purewow.com/30days-apps-you-need

Including:
The Best Social Apps
The Best Shopping Apps
The Best Productivity Apps
The Best Food Apps
The Best Health Apps 
The Best Entertainment Apps








 





Everything from Productivity Apps to a Sleep App to a Food and Workout Tracking App.



For the traveling type.






For all the parents who need a little organizational help.
































So why am I suggesting apps to live The Good Life? Because apps are there for you to utilize and help you, not overwhelm you or cause annoyances. There are times in life when everyone needs that extra help, whether it be compiling lists, organizing schedules or keeping on track for those health goals. You can’t do it all, and neither can I. That’s why it’s so nice to lean on technology for those extra reminders, helpful tips or money saving deals. I have recently blogged about simplicity and the benefits of having less. I like to think of apps as a branch of that strategy to simplify life.  For instance, I never have to buy or carry around a planner. Everything is stored in an app that can be linked to Google Calendar on my phone. I love it.  

I owe Google Calendar and Evernote as a couple of my life saving apps. Okay, maybe not life saving, but reduced blood pressure apps (so pretty much life saving). They help keep me organized and I really enjoy the compatible formats on all my devices, which is really important to me. If none of these apps relate to your daily needs then I dare you to Google “Best App for . . .” I’ll warn you now that you will be very overwhelmed, excited and confused at first. I recommend downloading two or three apps that do similar things so you can compare and contrast between them and get a feel for what’s right and what’s weird. Life is too busy to deal with a bad app that doesn’t meet your needs.
Make The Good Life easier with apps. You’ll thank yourself later.

No comments:

Post a Comment