Wednesday, March 11, 2015

How To Have More . . . with less!



I think of this idea of simplicity a lot. If my parents didn’t scare me enough (even at 22) to never get a tattoo I would probably get this tattooed somewhere. I think it portrays so many meanings I stand for and believe in. It’s a message that can relate to people everywhere and can mean different things in different stages of life. The definition of simplicity is the state, quality, or an instance of being simple. Simplicity can be knowing that you are enough and that you have enough. Having more doesn’t always make life better, it can make things harder in reality.

As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, The Good Life can be lived by just about anyone. To be honest, some of the wealthiest people are so poor all they have is money. I am so tired of letting this idea of MORE MORE MORE be the center of our society. When will it stop? It stops when you make the conscious decision to want LESS LESS LESS.

Think about it, less stuff means . . .

·       Less to clean
·       Less to organize
·       Less to store
·       Less mess
·       Less laundry
·       Less money
·       Less clutter
·       Less to move
·       Less to think about

The way I see it is I prefer less. I get happy to see more blogs, books, ideas and people  speaking out about minimalism and the benefits it comes with. If we aren’t happy with what we already have, then what makes us think we’ll be happier with MORE? Get where I’m coming from? Let’s be happy with what we have and enjoy The Good Life we’re currently living. All it takes is a shift in thinking and a new outlook on life.

I love this blog post by another great blogger, Courtney Carver, who has the same mentality about “How-To Have More . . . with Less” except her mantra is “Be More With Less” which I love and admire, especially since she has lived with 33 items of clothing and 100 personal items. I’m not proud to admit that I own about 33 t-shirts. I need her advice just as much as anyone else does. Check out her post “10 Ways to Own Less” where she lays out a step-by-step process as to how to cut back on unnecessary things we deem to be necessary.

I have every bit of confidence that you too can Have More . . . with less! 


No comments:

Post a Comment