Sunday, February 22, 2015

Why the Good Life?


You may be asking yourself this exact question. Are you living the Good Life? Think about it. It’s something I contemplate regularly. Am I doing everything in my power to live a life that makes me feel good?

There are so many things that go into having a Good Life but most expect only the rich and famous can attain it. In today’s society, and pretty much any timeframe, money is seen as power. This can sometimes dictate how we feel about ourselves and the level of happiness in our lives.

I for one live in the Good Life (Nebraska) and grew up appreciating rural Nebraska and the natural beauty and simplicity of the Great Plains. I remember having the ability to roam the outdoors and create adventures originating from a single idea. Friends came over, we invented new games, and once it turned dark outside we knew supper was ready.
What I’m getting to is that we didn’t have Internet, we didn’t have a lot of money, we didn’t have electronic games to pass the time, and watching TV was an occasion, not a habit. I have memories from my childhood because of it.

“How does this relate to having The Good Life?” you may ask. It’s simple. You don’t need a lot of money to achieve happiness and The Good Life. There’s currently a generational trend that places a strong priority on money and possessions which increases a variety of problems such as depression and anxiety starting at a young age. It’s becoming harder and harder to stop when advertisers are constantly blasting youth with the message of “The Goods Life” rather than “The Good Life.”

I want to be the one to tell you it’s easy to find happiness without a lot of money and technology. It’s possible. Trust me. I’m here to help you find it. I’m excited to share with you tips, tricks and ideas on how to do it. Whether that be how to rid the winter blues to going on cheap (yet fun) dates to how to live life with less stuff to traveling on a budget. It takes some extra brain power but I think it’s worth the extra happiness . . . and The Good Life.

1 comment:

  1. Love your ideas, Anna! I find myself living "the Goods Life" more often than I would like. Looking forward to reading your advice on spending less and being happier :)

    ReplyDelete