Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Good Life . . . in winter

 

It’s winter and it’s cold and it’s miserable. The days are shorter and it’s not uncommon for the winter blues to set in. All anyone really want to do is stay in, wrap up in a ball and eat. I know it’s easy to shut the door on a cold winter night at the end of the day and fall onto your couch once it gets dark (which is pretty early around here). It’s not unusual for me to put my warm, comfy clothes on and call it a day at 6:30 pm. How sad and lonely is that?

Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you have to be a hermit. Don’t get me wrong, wrapping up and snuggling while watching Netflix is pretty amazing, but not every day or every weekend.

It’s time to break out of your shell and mix it up a little bit. Some ideas I have for myself to finish out the rest of this cold winter season is to try wall climbing, paint a canvas for my niece and plan a surprise party.  

Here are some more ideas to brighten things up, and don’t cost a lot of money too! 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the suggestions on how to fight off the winter blues Anna! As a fellow college student, free ideas are always greatly appreciated. I can't, however, help but feel a little discouraged by the second point in your image; drink less alcohol…what am I supposed to do with all my extra time?!? (This of course is a joke; a joke that unfortunately makes me sound like an alcoholic.)

    As an aside, I really like the idea of hiking…might have to make some time this weekend to try that one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I love this blog! It's so positive and definitely reflects your happy and upbeat personality. Quality time with your pet, make someone's day and call an old friend are my favorite suggestions. If it weren't snowing currently, I'd probably try number seven...but I'll wait until it's a little warmer out!

    ReplyDelete